Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Polar Vortex...

The past month has been.... well it's been hell frozen over. With temps in the single digits, ice and snow on the roads and just horrid weather, I haven't been riding as much as I would like even with the indoor.

However apparently this horrible cold has done even more than just... well... freeze everything.

Ashe has a swollen sheath. Yes. His sheath. Face palm anyone?

Most horses, when they are cooped up indoors for lengthy periods of time stock up in their legs. Quite normal.

Apparently he has continued to prove he is not normal, as well as give me a heart attack until I heard back from my trainer. No heat, just the very front of it, no pain, all clean.... yup most likely he's just stocked up in a strange place.

Go figure.

So now I get to hand walk him on days it's too cold to ride. Hand walking is his equivalent to "PLAAAAAAAAY".... needless to say I think I got as much of a workout as he did today. Hopefully we'll see an improvement soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment