Saturday, April 26, 2014

Bareback Bootcamp Part 1

Session 1 turned out to be a huge success :) And I can barely walk...

We did a lot more than what I had initially planned. We did all our walk work fantastically, no problems.

Some frustrations with lateral movements, but those will come with time and patience, especially on his "bad" side.

Ended up trotting, doing cavaletti, even jumping a small 18" vertical, and cantering. I'm still a little unbalanced in a few transitions but he was amazing and responsive...

In fact a lot more responsive than he ever is under saddle. He was willing, and so much more relaxed and so was I! Hands stayed relaxed and down, he was extending and collecting beautifully and even stopped counter bending as extreme as he had been.

I'm starting to wonder if there is a saddle issue, but more sessions are in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment