Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Going for a walk and Bareback Bootcamp: Part 2

So as always when one makes a plan, life likes to get in the way... The past week or so he's been a real brat for the farmhands... which had coincided with life getting in the way so I was only out maybe twice in the past two weeks.

So while I wasn't feeling well, I went out and we went for a hike. As in, we both walked around the farm, no riding. He really seemed to enjoy that and I felt we both came away bonded closer. He's been a doll for the farmhands since :)

Since then we have managed to get a couple bareback sessions in!

He's been perfect every time :) and our turning and laterals are slowly becoming clearer :) Even when he has the zoomies (when he immediately trots away as soon as I'm ready), we're steady and relaxed!

No progress yet with turning on forehand/hind... I'm thinking I'll need a secondary helper for those.

We are trotting, cantering and (mini) jumping :) Turning is optional, but we're making it work!

I'm curious how things will turn out with the saddle once I put that back on him, but as of right now, I'm still not motivated to wash that pile of pads in the laundry room.

Summer is Coming!!


No comments:

Post a Comment